lunedì, luglio 24, 2006

bella sicilia

Etna. Even this summer a great show for all the tourists! Nothing dangerous...(most of the times!), but she has to show everybody that she's there, alive and always protagonist...
I love this picture with my Catania as landscape...
My dad use to say "bedda Catania ca cchiu` sta e cchiu` bedda addiventa". (beautiful Catania, the more time pass the more beautiful she becomes)
It's weird. When you're far away from home you became so proud of all the things that reminds you that you're different. Your culture, your language...your food...your soccer team (world champion!!!!). And you miss sooo many things and people. And then when you're there you want to go away... how this thing works?

[sorry for the bad english....not the best day today!]

4 Commenti:

Blogger Scudy&Kimboz ha detto...

Etna Etna burning bright
in the forest of the night
How beautiful my land.
My earth, my sea.
The smell of the shores i belong to.
The burnt beauty of an outaged landscape.
The yelling outburst of colourful vitality,

3:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonimo ha detto...

beautiful...


Do.

2:00 AM  
Anonymous pohanginapete ha detto...

Very true, your observations about travelling. For me, one of the noticeable things about it happens during the months before leaving: I become even more aware and appreciative of where I am. It's not so much that absence makes the heart grow fonder, as the knowledge of impending absence.

I love the vitality in the photograph (and this blog of yours).

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonimo ha detto...

wow

12:17 AM  

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]

<< Home page